Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

From Behind the Silk Screen; Seeing Me for Me. A Poem of Reclaiming Our Authentic Selves.

From behind a silk screen,
I see with my own eyes,
A scene taking place,
with me in disguise.

I watch me,
Shielding my feelings from true expression,
An actor playing a role,
That no longer gives the impression,
Of an accurate reflection,
Of the me that is me,
The me that's inside that only I can see.

For as I evade me true expression,
It goes in to hide,
And colors my world,
A blind projection on passerbys.

So, I come face to face with a face I have long ignored,
And see I can no longer allow myself to be lured,
Into a lull of a water-downed me,
Appeasing those around me because I think it will please.

I know the origin goes back years to date,
Generation after generation perpetuating its fate.
In this moment I know,
Only the truth will set me free,
And I drop the false face,
And let me see me for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment